Week 10

This week I put the machine into Nuke and did some color correction. I knew that there was not much things to do before rendering the whole clip, however, things just went wrong several times and I kept solving problems for days.

When I was doing roto on the machine, I found that a part of the wall was hiden by something. Then I went back to the previous steps and found that I made a mistake when I was cleaning the markers. The card on the ground was so big and it covered up a part of the wall. Therefore, I had to redo the clean up and rerender.

This picture shows how I did the compositing.

Clean up the markers:

Apart from that, the order of the nodes also bothered me for a long time. At first, I thought it was the matter of the roto, then I spent a lot of time adjusting the roto, however, it didn’t work. There were two layers of the scene, and I had to put the machine layer between two scenes. Anyway, I could not match the front scene with the back scene. At last, I changed the order of the nodes, finally it worked. Then I had to redo the roto.

This is the final look of the nodes:

Overall, I think it is quite fun and somehow challenging to produce a clip like this. I practised my skills in Maya and Nuke a lot.

Final Video: